Below are some situations in which you should visit an ophthalmologist.
- You suffered an eye injury.
- You have symptoms of an eye disease.
- These symptoms include:
- Blurred or distorted vision, double vision or loss of vision.
- See floaters (as small spots or black wires), flashing lights or halos around objects.
- Have a curtain or veil that obstructs vision.
- Eye problems itself, as a lump in one or both eyes, crossed eyes, excessive tears or changes in the eyelids.
- Eye pain.
- You have 40 years or more, it is recommended to perform a full eye exam at age 40. This exam will let know if you are at risk of suffering from an eye disease.